Terms and conditions of booking a Tour with
Never Never Safari Tours Pty Ltd
The following booking conditions, together with the information set out on the relevant tour page of the Never Never Safari Tours website will form the contract between you and us for your trip with us.
In this contract a reference to "you" and "your" include the lead-named person on the confirmation invoice (who must be at least 18 years old at the time of booking) and all persons on whose behalf a booking is made.
“We” are Never Never Safari Tours, based in Jabiru NT
“Meeting Point” means the place specified by us in the Tour Pack as the place we will meet and start your Tour.
“Start Date” means the date on which you board our transport at the Meeting Point.
“Tour” means a trip organised by Never Never Safari Tours
“Tour Pack” means whatever documents we send to you in hard or soft copy to provide information about your Tour.
The contract between us comes into existence when we send out our confirmation invoice or email which confirms your booking. You will have undertaken to pay for the trip you have booked and we will have undertaken to provide you with the trip we describe in the brochure / on our web site.
If you make a booking on behalf of others as well as yourself, we shall take it that you have the authority of each of those other people to enter into that contract and that you and they have agreed to be jointly and severally liable to us. You now accept personal liability for the acceptance and compliance of each of those people, with these contract terms.
If we are unable to accept your booking, we will of course return your payment to you immediately.
For you to make a booking, we require your deposit, or full payment and a completed booking form. Our confirmation invoice will be sent to you by email. We may decline your booking for any reason and we do not have to give you the reason. If that happens we will return your money to you immediately and in any event within 7 days.
What is included in the price of a Never Never Safari Tour?
- travel from the Meeting Point to your return to the departure point (which is likely to be the same place);
- meals (unless otherwise stated in the itinerary);
- drinking water;
- services of one or more of our tour guides;
- Overnight Tour -swags (mattress with fly screen cover) linen, towel. Morning tea, Lunch, Snacks, Dinner, Breakfast, Morning Tea, Lunch, Snacks and camp fee of $15p/p;
- Day Tour – Morning Tea, Lunch and Snacks
What is NOT included?
- return flights to the Tour destination;
- all other costs incurred before you board transport at the Meeting Point and after you return to the departure point;
- travel insurance or any other insurance personal to you;
- passport and visa costs;
- vaccinations and medication, before, during and after the Tour;
- food and drink over and above what we include in the Tour;
- gratuities you choose to give, in addition to any we give on your behalf where we consider appropriate.
- Bathroom/sanity items, e.g. wet pack, toothbrush, soaps etc.
Payment and failure to pay
The last date for payment of the balance of the cost of your trip will be due to us at least two weeks before the Tour Start Date. We will tell you that last date for payment after we have confirmed our acceptance of your booking.
If you do not pay us before the last date for payment, we reserve the right to treat your booking as cancelled. If we do that, you accept that a cancellation fee will be due to us.
Any trips requested less than two weeks prior to the departure date must be accompanied by full payment at the time of booking.
The prices given on our web site and in our brochure are calculated at costs current at the time we fixed them. If costs rise or adverse currency exchange rates apply, you agree that we may increase prices at any time to a maximum of 5% of the advertised cost of the Tour. If we do this we shall tell you the costs which have risen and the percentage by which they have risen.
No matter what the increase, we shall not increase the cost less than two weeks before the departure date.
If we increase the price of your Tour by more than 5%, you are free to cancel. In that circumstance we will return to you all money paid to us.
Deposits are non-refundable (exceptions below) but in some cases may be transferable to another Never Never Safari Tours trip. As stated on our web pages, a minimum number of participants are required in order for the Tour to go ahead. Therefore Never Never Safari Tours Pty Ltd have a right to cancel any Tour for which there are insufficient reservations. In the event of any such cancellation, all deposits or other payments made specifically to Never Never Safari Tours Pty Ltd will be refunded in full.
Cancellations by you
If you cancel your booking either through failure to pay the balance due or for any other reason, we may charge a cancellation fee calculated as follows:
- More than 14 days before departure: loss of deposit
- Between 7 and 14 days before departure 60% of the trip cost
- Between 3 and 7 days before departure 80% of the trip cost
- 2 days or less before departure (or failure to join the trip) 100 % of the trip cost.
The above dates refer to the date that we receive notice of cancellation from you.
If circumstances force you to leave the Tour early, you will have to bear any additional costs yourself.
If you are unavoidably prevented from joining the Tour, you may transfer your place to another person, providing this person meets any conditions which may apply to the booking and that we are informed of the transfer not less than 14 days prior to the Tour Start Date.
In any circumstances giving rise to cancellation, we will consider allowing you to transfer the money you have paid, to some other Never Never Safari Tour you choose. Whether we do so is in our discretion, for which we do not have to give a reason.
Cancellation by us
We reserve the right to cancel any Tour, for which there are not enough bookings. In the event of our cancellation, your deposit (and any other payment you may have made to us) will be refunded in full, or, if you prefer, transferred to an alternative Never Never Safari Tours trip.
Weather can be a big part cancellations, e.g. roads flooded, cyclone, roads washed away from wet season rains, there also maybe filming being done to stop us from entering certain areas, crocodile management incomplete.
All payments to us to be made electronically. Cash can only be accepted by prior arrangement.
All payments received by us will be held in a separate client account and held there until the successful completion of the Tour.
Approximately 1 week before the Start Date, we shall send you a pack of information relating to your Tour. This information will include:
- location of Meeting Point and time of meeting;
- climate and clothing recommendations;
- any important details relevant to a particular site that we may visit;
- Please let us know 1 week prior to your tour, of any dietary requirements
We DO NOT arrange accommodation in Jabiru (our base and meeting point for tours) Accommodation are in good quality hotels or lodges in Jabiru, with your choice of booking.
- Accommodation in some countries will be of a lower standard than comparable accommodation in the Australia. You should expect mattresses and pillows to be in good condition, shower rooms and toilets may be shared.
Changes of Itinerary
Despite careful planning, it is possible that a site may become inaccessible due to matters outside our control, for example through natural disaster or political turmoil.
We may therefore decide to make changes to the itinerary to accommodate either of the above possibilities. We will tell you of any such change as soon as we decide to make it. If that happens, you may transfer to an alternative trip. If your chosen alternative is of a lower price we will refund the difference. If it is of a higher price, you must pay the difference
Small day bag for Day Tours.
Small day bag and 1 small bag with change of clothes, for our Overnight Tours.
If you have an unusual requirement, perhaps for medical reasons, do contact us and we will try to help you immediately.
The following baggage allowances apply to our trips:
It is a condition of booking a Never Never Safari Tours that you take out appropriate travel insurance. We cannot approve the cover you have bought and are not responsible if it is inadequate.
Cover should be obtained not only against normal travel risks, but against additional risks appropriate to the destination country. In particular, local road transport insurance may be inadequate, so you should check that your cover includes accidents happening whilst you are a passenger in a vehicle.
We advise that you should also check that any valuable optical equipment is covered either in your travel policy or your home contents policy.
Limitations on our liability
We want you to enjoy a perfect trip with Never Never Safari Tours Pty Ltd. We shall do our best to make your trip special for you. Nonetheless, we must make clear the limitations in law. We are not liable to you for:
- any event which happens before you board our transport at the Meeting Point or after you leave our transport at departure;
- any problem arising from your failure to reach the Meeting Point on time, for whatever reason; (though we would do our best to help you in any way we reasonably could);
- the numbers of wildlife you see on your Never Never Safari Tours Tour;
- any aspect of goods or services you buy or accept other than those arranged by us;
- medical problems or physical difficulties, even if you have told us about them in advance;
- medical emergencies;
- your own carelessness or negligence in any aspect of your behaviour whilst with us;
- laws, culture and standards of service and behaviour in any country we may visit;
- changes we reasonably make to an itinerary or to accommodation or any other aspect of the management of a Tour;
- problems or issues which we could resolve whilst on a Tour but which you raise only after your return.
- The services and features included in your Tour are those specified in our web site. If you choose to buy other goods or services during your trip, those are not part of the package we provide, even if arranged through our Tour Booking. Accordingly we are not liable to you for any happening in connection with that service or those goods.
Help we need from you
Participation & Behaviour
Your Tour Pack will provide details about your chosen trip, but the following are contractual matters:
- Most Never Never Safari Tours trips require reasonable physical fitness and appropriate footwear. You should be prepared to walk up to a couple of kilometres a day, sometimes on uneven or slippery surfaces.
- To satisfy the majority of our clients, we apply “no smoking” rules in the same way that they are applied by law in the Australia. Please note however, that smoking is permitted in a 10mt area away from other guests.
- If we provide medical help to you, whether or not you specifically ask for it, we will provide receipts for all costs (for your insurer) and you now agree to repay us that cost on your return from the Tour.
- If at any time, it is our opinion (given by any of our staff or Tour leaders) that you are acting in a way which may cause accident, injury, discomfort or extreme displeasure to any other Tour member, we may exclude you from the programme for the remainder of the Tour. You will understand that this extreme action will not be taken lightly but may be necessary to protect the health, safety or enjoyment of other clients.
We shall try our utmost to provide a happy and fulfilling trip, but if we fail in any way, do please raise any issue with your Tour leader immediately. If your complaint cannot be satisfied it is not dealt with to your satisfaction at the time of reporting it to the leader(s), then you should give us full details in writing, immediately on your return. We cannot respond to verbal complaints.
The validity, construction and performance of this agreement shall be governed by the laws of the Northern Territory. Any dispute arising in connection with this agreement shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Northern Territory courts.